Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Glaze firing on Mother's Day.

Glaze firings always make me nervous. 
I just never know how they'll turn out.




I've been under-glazing and glazing some ceramic pieces I made a while back.

It takes 3 coats of underglaze, covered by 2 coats of clear glaze, 
to get full colour coverage.



Loading the kiln.






The dog vase, mug, bird and sunfaces are the pieces I am most anxious to see completed,
 as well as a "boob cup" that I'm firing for someone else. 

    
    Checking the witness cones before shutting the lid.


10 hours later, I've unloaded the kiln.
A successful cone 06 firing!
Here's all the glazed pieces that were in there.




The dog is adorable, the sunface mug turned out sweet.
 The colourful bird needs eyes, and the sunfaces need cords to hang by. 

It might be a while, before I get around to taking better photos,
 but some of these pieces might make it to my Etsy shop.
If you see something you'd like, contact me.




No comments: