Friday, August 27, 2010

Idaho Peak



The drive up to the parking lot (above Sandon).




Idaho Peak

Aug 2/10


One of the more amazing views in the Kootenays, is from the top of Idaho Peak.

It's hard to express the sense of awe that I got when we finally made it to the top. It was a long, hard climb for me,

but well worth it.

I hope the pictures speak for themselves, with or without the "narratives".







Still going up...lots of switchbacks & a narrow road.



The trail leading to the lookout on Idaho Peak.



Just some of the wildflowers up there.



Almost at the top.


Views from the top.


Me & Peppy at the lookout. It's not foggy, it's smokey from forest fires.


My thought for today:

"Sometimes I think I'm lucky to be naive. If I had known how much time & effort it would take to get to this point... I probably wouldn't be here :) "




The drive back down is no less amazing.

No comments: